We incorporate the Early Childhood Development (ECD) curriculum in our teaching. It focuses on traditional academics (literacy, numeracy and life skills) and includes additional knowledge and skills to prepare children for the Foundation Phase. Our approach to teaching is theme based and the learners are exposed to the following areas of learning:
- Social and Emotional Development: This area of learning focuses on assisting the child to mature emotionally and helps them to develop a sense of self-worth.
- Cognitive and Perceptual Development: The ability to think and problem solve, to see similarities and differences, to sequence and to recognize forms and shapes.
- Physical Development: This learning area is divided into two components: fine motor and gross motor development.
- Language: The development of language and literacy skills. Listening and speaking skills are developed.
- Numeracy: We focus on the development of the understanding of number and mathematical concepts. It incorporates patterns, time and measurement.
- Knowledge and Skills: This area broadens a child’s knowledge of the world and develops age appropriate life skills.
- Creative Arts: This learning area encompasses the performing arts, such as music, movement, drama and visual arts. Your child will be encouraged to participate in a variety of activities that promote creativity, imagination and originality.