WHPS welcomes applications for admission to Whippets (Boys and Girls: Grade 000 to 00), the Junior Prep (Grade 0 to 3) and to the Senior Prep (Grade 4 to 7). Applicants may apply for boarding from Grade 3 to 7. Please note that WHPS is a boys only school from Grade 0 to 7.
It is recommended that parents submit applications for Grade 000 to Grade 0 as early as possible. Interviews, play sessions (Grade 000 and 00) and assessments (Grade 0) will take place during February and March one year prior to the intended start date.
Interviews and assessments for all other grades will take place as and when a vacancy is established. It is therefore advised that parents submit applications so soon as possible if they are potentially interested in pursuing a place at WHPS for their son or sons.
Once an application is received either via the online application method or via hard copy submission your child’s name will be added to the waiting list for the grade applied for. The admissions office will be in contact you should a vacancy become available.
The links to download a copy of the fee schedule and the hard copy application documents are below:
> WHPS Credit Bureau Consent Form – Guardian 1
> WHPS Credit Bureau Consent Form – Guardian 2
> WHPS_Financial Clearance Certificate
> WHPS_Boarding Application *Only to be completed if applicable
How to APPLY:
There are two methods in which you are able to apply to WHPS.
In order to process your online application successfully please ensure that you have the following documents ready in electronic format (PDF for documents and JPG for photos – max 200KB):
– Student’s unabridged birth certificate
– Both parents SA ID or passport documents
– ID photo of your child (JPG format, this photo should be professional, clear and in colour)
– ID photo of each parent/guardian ((JPG format, this photo should be professional, clear and in colour)
– Copy of latest two school academic reports (if applicable)
– Financial clearance certificate to be completed by current school (if applicable)
– Completed Credit Bureau Consent Form (each parent to complete and submit)
– Boarding application form (if applicable)
– Proof of payment of the R 575.00 registration fee
Please complete the online application in one sitting as you will not be able to save it and return at a later time.
*It is important to note that by completing and submitting an online application both parents/guardians agree to our Terms and Conditions
Hard Copy Application
- Download the following forms: Application Form, Financial Clearance Certificate, Credit Bureau Consent Form, Boarding Application (if applicable)
- Complete all forms fully (please ensure that both parents initial and sign where stipulated)
- Collect all the required supporting documents (listed on the application form)
- Make payment of the R575.00 registration fee
- Submit your original forms by hand or courier for the attention of: Samantha Viney, 535 Ruddell Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria (This option of submission is not available currently due to the Coronavirus Pandemic) OR email your completed form and supporting documents to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org